- To plan and provide logistics for the commencement of postgraduate programmes in Local Government and Development Studies capable of responding to the challenges of administration and development
- To review, redesign, refocus the philosophy and content of our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with a view to producing high quality graduates capable of providing development and administrative leadership in the service.
- To reactivate the outreach programmes of the Department in order to improve the quality of management staff on the job in local governments and other Services.
- To enhance training and research capabilities of the Department thereby improving the quality of teaching and research.
- To maintain standards, share experiences and collaborate with affiliate and sister institutions in the areas of training, research and extension services
- To expand and update reference materials and facilities in the Departmental Library
- To expand and intensify our extension services so as to make our impact better felt in our catchment area
- To further strengthen governmental support and patronage for the Department
- To resuscitate the Alumni Association and sustain its link with the Department for effective resource mobilization and institutional image-making
- To upgrade, source and maintain Departmental Facilities, Equipment and Logistics with a view to enhancing our Academic and Administrative Performance.
- To improve the Academic Staffing situation in order to meet up with the demands of our Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes.
- To utilize existing linkages (Governmental and Non-Governmental) for the improvement of awareness and image of Local Government as an institution of development and as a discipline.
- To strengthen relationship with Donor Agencies to further enhance collaboration in the areas of training, capacity building, research and client participation.
- To generate funds for augmenting recurrent and capital expenditures of the Department.
- To ensure regular Departmental meetings and functional committee system.
- To enhance welfare and motivation by facilitating Staff Welfare Schemes, the provision of Research Grants and support for Local and International Conferences.
- To review curriculum to become ICT compliant thereby enhancing ICT utilization by staff, and virtual administrative communication.
- To organize quarterly seminars and annual conferences to strengthen our research effort as a contribution to scholarship.